Talk

Advanced search

sleeping during the day

(6 Posts)
sprite25 Fri 14-Feb-14 10:56:44

I'm not complaining as DD (9 weeks) sleeps well at night but for some reason, no matter what I do she never has a proper sleep during the day and even if I do manage to get her anywhere near to fully asleep she wakes up completely and cries if I try to put her down. At night I have to swaddle her and rock her for up to an hour before I can put her down in her Moses basket without her waking up. I've tried using the same routine in the day but no success. I've tried putting her in car seat, pram, cot, our bed, sofa... She just wakes up! Any ideas so I can actually get stuff done (wash,eat etc.) when she's asleep???

whereisshe Fri 14-Feb-14 11:53:20

Have you tried a sling? DD (7 weeks) often falls asleep when I put her in the sling, and even if she's awake I can still get things done.

sprite25 Fri 14-Feb-14 12:18:02

I have looked at slings but worry that she will become too clingy if she gets used to me allowing her to fall asleep and stay on me all the time? On the other hand I don't know if I'm expecting too much too soon and that maybe when she's abit older she will let me put her down in the day?

whereisshe Fri 14-Feb-14 12:48:04

She's only 9 weeks old. She needs you. Clingy is a problem for later on, not now. Anyway she's probably still going through the big 7-9 week development stage when babies start noticing a lot more about the world and it freaks them out a bit so they need more cuddles for a while.

sprite25 Fri 14-Feb-14 13:57:59

True, I want to be able to do more then sit still all day holding her while she sleeps bit at the same time I like that she wants cuddles with me and that I can make her feel secure. Maybe a sling is the answer, any recommendations?

whereisshe Fri 14-Feb-14 15:38:06

We have a Moby wrap, which takes a bit of getting used to but I like it. Friends have baby Bjorns and they really like them. If there's one in your area, a sling library is a good option then you can try before you buy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now