Talk

Advanced search

15 week old unsettled sleep at night!

(8 Posts)
Rainbowisla Wed 12-Feb-14 11:03:59

My twins have never been great sleepers at night but thought they may get better not worst!

So they go down at 7pm, last feed at 6.30 and sleep til 1ish (anywhere between 11-2) then they feed every 1-2 hours waking each other up and by 4.30/5 they are really hard to settle and cry until you get them up...

I have tried putting them down later but then they just go straight into 2-3 hours feeds and I don't get the long sleep at the beginning of the night...

They are generally up 90 minutes in day before they need a nap again and I try not let them sleep for more than 2 hours at a time so they go at max 4 hours between feeds at a time.

They have a sleep about 5 for 30 so they make it to bed time

Any suggestions to improve this pattern at night? They are EBF

Thanks for any help...

Rainbowisla Wed 12-Feb-14 14:30:24

can anyone help x

bingeddybongo Wed 12-Feb-14 17:12:48

I'm afraid I have no advice but just wanted to let you know you're not alone - I have exactly the same problem with my 18 week old. He was never brilliant but about 2 weeks ago reverted to exactly what yours are doing. I'm just repeating "it's just a phase" to myself and hoping it don't last too long!

Chickz Wed 12-Feb-14 18:47:26

It might be the 4 month sleep regression. My 4 month dd used to get up once in the night but now up repeated times! I just give her some feed and then she drops off again.

claremoss Wed 12-Feb-14 18:47:31

My LO did this at 4 months, and I put it down to sleep regression, it passed but took a month, sorry!

claremoss Wed 12-Feb-14 18:48:14

p.s. am in awe of you, looking after twins, it must be sooo hard! but double the pleasure too grin)

Manc451 Wed 12-Feb-14 19:31:53

This might not be a popular response but I'm breastfeeding and my baby boy was waking up at least twice at night and not really settling after the second feed (sometimes at 4). I was worn out so tried a trick my neighbour recommended - a bottle of formula for his dream feed. It was a bit frustrating (more effort and I had to pump afterwards to start with), but after 4 days he slept through (for 12 hours!). Thought I'd pass the tip on...

Rainbowisla Wed 12-Feb-14 19:59:36

Wow.... That's amazing that dream feed did that! I have to admit that I find bottle feeding quite hard with two and the most they take is 3oz from bottle which takes ages... I am sure that isn't enough x but maybe worth a try!

Thanks Clare, it is definitely hard with twins but also lovely x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now