Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Restless sleeper

(4 Posts)
Monique2013 Wed 12-Feb-14 00:49:29

Hello ladies need some advice, my boy is 3 months he goes to bed easily at about 8pm and sleeps soundly until about midnight. He is then really restless thrashes his head side to side, groans a little but doesn't open his eyes, hands moving (rubbing his face, in the air) I feed him or give him his dummy and stroke his head and he goes back to sleep, but then about 15 minutes later he does it again.
I have tried changing his nappy, winding him and checking he is not too hot or cold and nothing makes a difference. He does this every night for the past 5 nights and I am exhausted.

zebbidy Wed 12-Feb-14 06:54:11

My daughter is 8 weeks and exactly the same! It's driving me mad. She was sleeping so well before for blocks of 4-5 hours but it just seems to have gone out the window but her routine has not changed. Desperate for sleep!

Monique2013 Thu 13-Feb-14 08:14:25

Thank you, good to know it's not just my baby...I'm currently in zombie mode Havant slept for days.

ekyo Sat 15-Feb-14 22:50:23

My baby did that starting around 4 weeks, she also groaned or grunted during it too. I think they are just transitioning from light to deep sleep and/or going through sleep cycles. I think she was sleeping, but never know. It helped to move her out of my room (at age 4 months) because I would wake up from it all night long.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now