Talk

Advanced search

Baby waking early

(5 Posts)
Lucillerose1 Mon 10-Feb-14 14:59:26

Hi, hoping someone can give me some advice. My little girl is waking up earlier and earlier she is 4 months. I usually put her to bed after her last feed at 11 but now she is waking up at 5am and she is wide awake! Any tips on how I can get her to sleep a bit longer...she used to sleep 11until 8 every night without fail. I have a little boy who is coming up for 2 so getting up at 5 am and my other half works away so finding these ultra early starts very hard work. Any advice much appreciated.xxx

ilovepowerhoop Mon 10-Feb-14 15:01:04

is she hungry? Does she not go to bed before 11pm?

Lucillerose1 Mon 10-Feb-14 15:12:16

She doesn't seem hungry...she will have a feed but she's not too bothered she just seems to think its time to get up. She usually wakes herself up farting tbh! I haven't tried putting her down before 11 as don't want her to start getting up even earlier :-/

ilovepowerhoop Mon 10-Feb-14 16:21:43

11pm is late for bedtime. I think 8pm was bedtime for mine at that age. What hours does she sleep during the day?

Lucillerose1 Mon 10-Feb-14 16:34:08

She normally has a long sleep when we are out for our late morning walk...about 2 hours...other than that she just cat naps here and there for about 15 mins at a time. Maybe I should be putting her down at the same time as my son at 8...I'm just scared to as she already weakens so early what if she starts waking even earlier... I don't mind her waking for feeds she is still young...it's just the fact she won't go back down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now