Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any co-sleeping gurus out there?

(8 Posts)
Hardrockhallelujah Sun 09-Feb-14 21:38:23

Where can I get a bed guard to fit on a standard double bed to stop my nearly 8 month DD falling out of bed? Or am I being a bit thick and need some other contraption to make it safe for her?

Hardrockhallelujah Sun 09-Feb-14 21:46:51

It is just me and her in the bed btw if that makes any difference

Hardrockhallelujah Sun 09-Feb-14 23:28:11

Anyone?

TarteAuxRiz Sun 09-Feb-14 23:32:00

Hi. I have to confess that I never ever used a bed guard. First time round we had a mattress on the floor, which was fine when dd was tiny as small babies tend not to move far. Once she wriggled round more I put the bed against the wall, making BERY sure that the gap was so small between wall and mattress that she couldn't roll and get stuck.
With ds we have out his cot bed against our bed and just taken one side off. Luckily the cotbed is adjustable and so we can out them both at the same height. Again I made sure both mattresses were gap less to avoid him getting struck.

Not sure what you have in the way of beds/mattresses but you can usually manage without a bed guard if needs be.

TarteAuxRiz Sun 09-Feb-14 23:32:32

Ha, ha, VERY not BERY.

hellymelly Sun 09-Feb-14 23:45:52

We had a bed guard for a while, Dh adapted it by adding something to the straps so that it fitted our big mattress. Then we moved and just put the mattress on the floor, baby next to the wall. Was like that for ages. We still co-sleep (dcs 6 and 9) and the little one is still next to the wall, I do worry that she would fall out of bed if she was near the side as she's never experienced it, so in other places we sometimes put a piece of furniture against the bed. Wouldn't do that with a baby though. Could you get a bed guard that screws onto the bed frame? I think Ikea have these, that way the size of the bed doesn't matter. Would be easy to make something too, if you are at all handy with wood.

LithaR Sun 09-Feb-14 23:55:40

I co sleep with my son and he's three now. Never bothered with bed guards because it only took one tumble out of bed to stop him rolling out. He sleeps brilliantly in a normal bed now.

somewherebecomingrain Mon 10-Feb-14 20:25:04

Foam bed bumper on amazon v cheap. My little girl 10mo is like a tortoise she barely moves its perfect for her. Might not work for a more
Mobile baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now