Talk

Advanced search

Can I ask what is/was your night time routine for a 2-3 month old?

(31 Posts)
Hotmad Fri 07-Feb-14 22:02:26

Eg. When do they have last bottle/feed at what time? Then when do they have next feed? When do they wake up for the day?
Where do they sleep? Thanks for your help!

WeeClype Fri 07-Feb-14 22:03:24

10 weeks, last bottle at 11....sleeps until 7/7.30.

WeeClype Fri 07-Feb-14 22:04:01

Oh and sleeps in Moses basket beside my bed.

Hotmad Fri 07-Feb-14 22:09:41

wee does your LO have a feed at around 7 and then sleep too?

WeeClype Fri 07-Feb-14 22:30:44

Yip she usually goes back down to sleep for another couple of hours.

GwenStacy Fri 07-Feb-14 22:33:02

12 weeks - feeds from 7 until 9ish (EBF) in the lounge with us, transferred to our bed about half nine, then wakes about 2am then about 5.30am for feeds smile

Hotmad Fri 07-Feb-14 22:36:40

And does she sleep in evening wee?

amothersplaceisinthewrong Fri 07-Feb-14 22:42:01

A long time ago but at 12 weeks both mine had their bath at 6pm, last bottle at half six, asleep at 7pm. Awoke at around 7am the next morning. Own rooms.

WeeClype Fri 07-Feb-14 22:53:08

HotMad yeah she usually is awake for a good chunk of the evening.....like tonight she's been awake since 9 so I'm just about to give her her last bottle then she'll go right in the Moses basket.

Hotmad Fri 07-Feb-14 23:14:32

Ah ok, thank u, my almost 10 week old has bottle at 7ish then sleeps and I wake her to feed at about 10-10.30 sort of like a dream feed except I wake her ( not sure if this is right thing to do ) she then sleeps but for how long has been erratic, she has slept to 7.30 once, mostly ranges 4-5am. Not sure if I should just let her sleep from 7pm and see what happens

MissRatty Sat 08-Feb-14 03:56:52

Sheesh, jealous. Our LO's sleep is still so erratic at 10weeks...

Alexandra6 Sat 08-Feb-14 04:30:55

Struggling to even think about establishing one! confused She's 9 weeks, can cry for a large chunk of the evening and/or nap on me, then gets fed (bf) at around 10/11 when I go to bed. Wakes again anytime between 2-4. Then I try and get her down again until morning. She once slept a 7 hour block, and twice 6 hours, but that was a couple of weeks ago and don't know what I did differently!

Going to try and do a bedtime routine at a set time from Monday. So hard when she could either be screaming, or having a good nap on me and also worried she might do her good run of sleep while I'm awake! I might try and do a dream feed at 10 and use the dreaded Gina Ford's recommendation for how much sleep she needs during the day, total amount, in naps (but won't be rigid at all though).

Or should I just relax, go with whatever happens each day, and hope it works itself out?! Don't want to suffer later when a good routine now might help.

fish88 Sat 08-Feb-14 07:48:37

My LO is just over 3 months but we have kept the same routine since he was 6 weeks.

We do bath at 6pm, feed at half 6 then in bed for 7.30. He sleeps in a crib at the side of our bed. We then wake at 10pm for bottle of expressed breast milk, nappy change and quick breast feed.

He was waking around 4am for a feed but for last few weeks he has been sleeping through to 7am so now experimenting with just having a quick breastfeed at 10 rather than ebm bottle. It worked last night as he slept through to 7.30.

Just read that back and there are a lot of numbers! Sorry but wanted to give you some details.

Thegreatunslept Sat 08-Feb-14 08:03:02

My ds is 8 months now but I remember up until about 4 months his routine was bottle 8pm then dozed on and off he was always quite unsettled in the evening.
We then gave ds a bottle around 10.30/11 when we all went up to bed and he then would have woke between 3-5am for another bottle and would waken usually around 7 for the day.
The 1st feed we dropped was the 10.30/11pm one (was very tired one night and thought dp had done feed and he thought I had shock) ds was fine with that.
Once he went into his own room at 5 months he was going down to sleep at 7pm and only waking for a bottle at 4-5am.

Rooners Sat 08-Feb-14 08:06:18

No routine whatsoever because a baby of that age doesn't understand the concept and their needs - like ours - vary day by day and night by night.

Best thing I have found with all three was to roll with it and try and respond to their cues.

Also I co slept with all of them/co sleep with the youngest still.

Mogz Sat 08-Feb-14 10:25:19

Hi Hot my lo is currently wide awake until about 10 or 11 pm when she has her last bottle, takes about 30-60 mins to then get her to sleep in her Moses basket and she'll wake up between 5 or 7 am for a feed then sleep again for 2 hours when she'll be up and ray for the day. She s still napping after each feed but they're getting shorter, except at midday she has a big 2 hour nap.
Of course now I've told you this she will change it up again no doubt!

Hotmad Sat 08-Feb-14 15:19:28

Ha ha mogz this is so true, my OH says to me, oh she's doing this now and sleeping then and drinking this and the next day I swear it changes!!!

Germanwife Sat 08-Feb-14 17:42:15

Oh dear - my 9 week ebf DS still wakes every 2 hours or every 3, if we are lucky. This is every 2-3 hours from 7pm-7am. It's not always for a feed either but gas pains seem to wake him a lot after 1am. Anyone else had this? When did it stop?

We have a bath and massage routine at 6pm, last feed 6.30ish and he will fall asleep anywhere between 7-7.30.

We didn't consciously plan a routine that way, but it's just that when he was 6 weeks, we noticed he could fall asleep for a large (2 hour) chunk of time around then so we figured this to be his natural bedtime. But his naps are all over the place so we had many days when he would nap right up to his bedtime. We'd wait for him to wake and depending on how tired or hungry he is, we might put him to bed without a bath routine.

He sleeps in a Moses basket next to our bed. But it took us weeks of convincing to get him to sleep there!

QuietNinjaTardis Sun 09-Feb-14 20:49:57

Have just discovered that dds bedtime is about 8pm. We did have her downstairs with us til we went to bed (as per SIDS guidelines) but we would spend the evening with a screaming overtired refusing to sleep baby. Now I feed her about 7.30-7.45 (bf) and put her in her Moses basket and she settles really well cos is dark and quiet. I then have dinner with Dh and go up to bed myself so she's not alone for very long. Feel bad about it but think its better for her to get some sleep instead of screaming all eve.
She will normally sleep til somewhere between 1-2am and then I feed her again and then she sleeps til somewhere about 5-6am. God knows whether this all a fluke and it will change again or if this is the right thing to do though.

Hotmad Sun 09-Feb-14 22:35:23

How old is she quietninja
That does sound good!!

SmallBee Sun 09-Feb-14 22:49:41

We have 17 week old but have had the same routine since 11 weeks. Bath & song at 7, bf at 7:30 which usually lasts till 8. Then we wake her for a bottle at 11pm but she usually only has 90ml-110ml of it. Then it seems to vary wildly as to when she wakes up after that but between 2:30 & 5am ish she'll usually want a 10min BF. I then get her up at 7:30am to start the day. Sometimes she wakes up twice between 11& 7:30 and sometimes she sleeps through.

QuietNinjaTardis Mon 10-Feb-14 08:28:43

She's 9 weeks old hotmad which is still really little but she she seems to settle better since I started doing this and she goes that long herself. Sometimes it's a shorter amount of time that she sleeps for. Daytime sleeping is a nightmare though!

Alexandra6 Mon 10-Feb-14 08:47:15

Are people feeding their babies to sleep and then easing them into bed or are yours put down awake and then go to sleep? If the latter, how are you doing it! Mine doesn't go to sleep unless fed or sometimes dummy but held in gently for a while as she doesn't always keep it in her mouth confused

nibbysmum Mon 10-Feb-14 09:01:46

Since 6 weeks old we've always bathed, changed and fed lo last bottle before bed. In the early days, upto about 10 weeks old we'd Bath at 8.30 ish and bed would be 10pm. This was to correlate with his longest stretch of sleep (he'd usually go through till 3am). At 11 weeks ish he started waking quite a bit and id read this can happen if bedtime is too late so over the course of 3 weeks we gradually brought bedtime forward to 7pm. This worked well and he slept through 11hrs!! Until he hit the dreaded sleep regression although he's not terrible with it

QuietNinjaTardis Mon 10-Feb-14 10:10:26

Alexandra dd is fed to sleep at nighttime and then put down, she might might stir a bit but will settle herself. Daytime she is rocked to sleep, if she wakes when you put her down she won't settle so has to be rocked again. No idea how to get her to self settle in the day. She will go to sleep in the buggy or car as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now