Talk

Advanced search

7MO LO will only nap in buggy!!!

(10 Posts)
claremoss Fri 07-Feb-14 09:37:13

Hi All,
After a month of 'Nap in Cot' training, which has had varying degrees of success, but not so good lately, I have discovered that my LO will nap in her buggy at home. This was discovered by accident when I put her in it after a failed cot attempt, with the intention of walking the streets (again!) and then had to go off and do something, and then when I got back she was practically asleep!! Just rocked her for ten mins and bingo!! I guess what I am asking is, does it really matter if she doesn't nap in her cot? It is such hard work listening to her cry/whinge at every attempt when I can now just put her in her buggy, rock it for ten mins and she is fast asleep! Am I doing the right thing or should I persevere with cot training?? Help?!

DrewsWife Fri 07-Feb-14 09:46:30

Do what is best for you... If it works! Creep past her and fill that cup and grab a magazine on the way back!! Lol.

Foxred10 Fri 07-Feb-14 09:55:03

DS1 only ever napped in his buggy or car seat and TBH it was a lot easier than DS2 who needed a cot in a darkened room! when you're out and about / visiting people / travelling etc its a lot simpler to make sure a buggy is available and you can keep it near to where you are (by the pool wink)

SummerSevern Fri 07-Feb-14 10:02:23

Does it matter? My dd naps in her pushchair during the day. The pushchair is in the lounge and it means I can attempt to get her back to sleep when she invariably wakes up after 40 mins.
It's only a problem if it's a problem for you. I'm going to get that printed on a T-shirt. grin

claremoss Fri 07-Feb-14 19:25:56

thanks guys!

Miggs28 Fri 07-Feb-14 19:35:24

Not a problem at all! My DS (8 months) will either only nap with movement - buggy, car seat or if still has to be on me.

At least you can go out if you need to and now you'll get a nap or put your feet up at home baby free smile

AmIGoingMad Fri 07-Feb-14 19:53:30

Exactly the same here miggs- usually in my arms unless out and about and if I put her down she wakes immediately.

CouthyMow Fri 07-Feb-14 20:10:52

3yo DS3 is STILL the same. Only naps in the buggy. Which means I'm still tied to the damn thing!

Miggs28 Fri 07-Feb-14 22:34:50

So glad it's not just me AmI the strange thing is he will sleep in his cot at night and even self settles but will have absolutely none of it during the day hmm

My favourite way for getting him to nap is going for a walk with him in the sling means I get some fresh air and naptime doesn't feel like such a battle!

AmIGoingMad Fri 07-Feb-14 22:48:41

Ah now I'm jealous miggs! Self settling- what is that?! Our dd will only sleep not in our arms if she's in our bed. It's driving us insane. Not to mention wrecking our backs! She will now fall asleep laying in our bed and not being held and we're hoping to get that happening in the cot. DS was rubbish at day naps but so good at night. We don't know what's hit us this time around!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now