Talk

Advanced search

Sleep training at 16 weeks

(2 Posts)
Sid77 Fri 07-Feb-14 07:57:35

I have posted a few questions on here re sleep, so sorry if I'm getting repetitive! My 16 week old ebf DS2 sleeps in bed with me on my chest at night. DP is in the spare room. DS has a bath with his big brother, then I feed him in the lounge and he sleeps on me, usually from somewhere between 8-10 until I go to bed at 1030 and give him a dream feed. He will then feed to sleep and wake around 3-4 for a feed and sleep again (on me) until 6/7. The problem is he is becoming less reliable at dropping off in the evening, it's more often closer to 10 than 8 by the time I can pop him off and he will sleep. DP is also wanting to come back to our bed - I want him to too. I also want to be able to sleep on my side, and my boobs are sometimes sore from having a 16 odd pound baby lying on them all night. He doesn't sleep in his cot in the day, I have tried but he cries and cries and cries. The other day I got him off after 50 mins of crying and he slept for 15 mins before waking hungry. He's a general sleep refuser and will only go in the sling (30 mins) or pram (30 mins). I think that nighttime sleep in the cot will help daytime naps. Does anyone have advice on how I can train him for the cot at night? I feel he's to young for cc, but he is sooooo stubborn. Please.... ?

MarrogfromMars Fri 07-Feb-14 11:46:21

Well I haven't got all the answers as my baby of a similar age is waking every 1 1/2 hours at night! I've just been reading the No Cry Sleep Solution book in search of answers. But could a first step for you be to feed him lying on the bed next to him so he falls asleep on the bed, not on you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now