Talk

Advanced search

Co sleeping and poor DH

(5 Posts)
PearlGrey Wed 05-Feb-14 21:37:44

DD is 13 weeks and whilst i never imagined I would bf on demand and co sleep, we do. Initially we set up a futon in spare room/office for DH as his job requires him bright and alert plus I found it easier not having to consider this during night feeds etc. however, now his back is suffering plus he misses his bed, our warmth etc. but dd has completely made herself at home - I love sleeping with her and the closeness and ease of bf it brings. DH won't come back while dd sleeps in our bed. It completely freaks him out as he is totally convinced she will be suffocated. He won't hear anything I say. So I'm torn between him and dd. It's not that he is resentful or making me choose... Not at all. It's just I feel sorry for him but at the same time can't see how I can put dd in her own room yet.

Any thoughts, advice or experiences on this?

GwennieF Wed 05-Feb-14 21:41:16

Have you thought of those cots that attach to the side of the bed? It would feel as though she was in the bed with you and your DH would feel she wad safe...

GwennieF Wed 05-Feb-14 21:43:28

Also, he might come round to the idea if he sees or feels how lovely it is...

lilyaldrin Wed 05-Feb-14 21:47:00

It's not safe for the baby to sleep in between you - how about a bedside cot, or pushing the bed against a wall and having her just on your side?

FannyBazaar Wed 05-Feb-14 21:53:29

Try to get your DH to discuss his feelings and fears. Has someone in his family or someone he knows lost a baby? Does he associate SIDS with suffocating of babies?

You need to find a compromise so you are all happy and neither you, baby or DH left out. Your baby is too young for her own room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now