Talk

Advanced search

How do I get her in the Moses basket?

(9 Posts)
fluffandnonsense Wed 05-Feb-14 18:37:49

My daughter is 3 weeks old and now point blank refuses to sleep in the Moses basket. To start with she went in the cot at hospital no problem but when we got home she refused and it's just got worse. If I put her in asleep she wakes in 5 minutes. She will only sleep in her swing or in bed with me. Help! I'm seriously sleep deprived!

SweetPeaPods Wed 05-Feb-14 18:40:54

My ds wouldn't for first 4 weeks then just over night he decided he would. Keep trying but don't stress she's still tiny. Ds slept on me for first 4 weeks.

GingerMaman Wed 05-Feb-14 18:45:05

My DD completely refused too, and still wont! Have you got a cot? Have you tried that?

GingerMaman Wed 05-Feb-14 18:45:57

They say putting your worn top in the basket may help

goodbyeyellowbrickroad Wed 05-Feb-14 18:46:07

When DS was that little we used to roll up muslins and pop them along the edge of the mattress so he felt a bit more enclosed. We also used to warm his Moses basket up by popping a hot water bottle in there for a few minutes and then taking it out before lying him down.

notoneforselfies Wed 05-Feb-14 18:49:00

They're not the cheapest options but a sleepyhead solved this for me. Or a poddlepod is cheaper. We used it between us in bed for 10 days and then transferred it to his crib (he's now 16 days and sleeps in it happily) Can also then sleep him in it on the sofa etc...

notoneforselfies Wed 05-Feb-14 18:57:12

Also try swaddling (if you've not done yet?) good luck!

fluffandnonsense Wed 05-Feb-14 18:59:39

She was 3 weeks early and is still very much like a newborn in slot of ways. It was her due date yesterday. I've tried swaddling her and have put a fleece blanket in the basket that I've slept with so it's not so cold feeling. She did originally let me put her down on the bed next to me but now she won't even let me do that! Tried her in the basket twice today and she lasted about half an hour first time (when she would have had 2 hours in the swing for her nap) and after dinner but that lasted 5 minutes! I've also tried raising the mattress up so that she's not lying so flat.

Part of the reason I want her in her basket is because I have an angel care breathing monitor and would feel much better if she was in her own bed where I can monitor her.

notoneforselfies Wed 05-Feb-14 20:00:58

My DS was also 3 weeks early (due date on Friday!). Do try and make the crib more snug - if not a poddlepod or sleepyhead try a rolled towel under the sheet around her- just not round the head, so her body is snug inside it. Might help...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now