Talk

Advanced search

Cuddly bunny in cot at 6mo?

(10 Posts)
FrumiousBandersnatch Wed 05-Feb-14 16:50:34

Preparing to move DD to her cot in her own room by putting her there for daytime naps. She particularly favours a Jellycat bunny (here).

Is it safe for her to cuddle him for night-time sleeping?

Trooperslane Wed 05-Feb-14 16:51:39

Mine is almost 6mo and we put her to bed with her bunny and Ewan the sheep and then take them away when she's out.

She never misses them

TheFutureSupremeRulersMum Wed 05-Feb-14 16:58:44

What size is it?

FrumiousBandersnatch Wed 05-Feb-14 17:56:40

I think it's their 'medium' size, about 30 cm.

Jemimapuddleduk Wed 05-Feb-14 18:00:11

My dd has had the pink equivalent in her cot from 5 months. My only advice would be to get a spare! My dd is very attached to hers.

ummingandahhing Wed 05-Feb-14 18:00:53

Oh we have that too. Affectionately known as Sleepy Rabbit but I think we have the smaller one. smile

TheFutureSupremeRulersMum Wed 05-Feb-14 18:53:46

If it's 30cm then I'd probably do what Trooper suggests and take it out after she's asleep. We have the 15cm one and I think that is probably small enough not to worry about. (We also call it sleep bunny umming smile )

TodayIsAGoodDay Wed 05-Feb-14 20:57:39

DD has used the same jellycat bunny as yours since she was around 6 months old. I did worry at first so we snuck it away once she was settled for the night. I think we stopped doing that at around 8 months.

I did a lot of googling at the time and some websites said that loveys were ok from 6 months, some said 12. She never had a cot bumper though so there wasn't anything really for her to get sandwiched between.

She's very attached to it now at 15 months. I would strongly advise getting more than one and rotating them regularly!

ummingandahhing Wed 05-Feb-14 21:01:11

Yes, get more than one! DD, now 26 months is now very attached to a doll we bought from Ikea which she calls Baby. She will not sleep without it but it does of course need the odd wash so we bought another one to rotate. wink

CuteLittleToes Wed 05-Feb-14 21:37:07

I'll probably be flamed by this but I think they (i.e. NHS) go a bit ott with the SIDS precautions. What could possibly happen if you left the bunny? Have you heard a single case of a child suffocating from a soft toy? (Actually if you did this couldn't be classed as SIDS)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now