Talk

Advanced search

Dropping the 11pm bottle feed at night for a 12 week old?

(5 Posts)
Kate120673 Wed 05-Feb-14 00:27:31

Hi, I've only recently started solely having to bottle feed and I'm a bit confused with timings. She sleeps from 7pm and I currently wake her at 11pm for a bottle. She will wake at approx 4-5am for a feed and then I feed her at 9am?

Someone recommended I continue the 11pm feed until she manages to sleep later than 4am. On the other hand I'm not sure whether to instead drop the 11pm feed and see how long she goes into the night. This would mean I didn't have to stay up until midnight each night before I sleep but didn't know which way is best for her?

Any advice would be appreciated .......

justalilmummy Wed 05-Feb-14 00:32:48

Hi I dont have much advice I can only offer my experience
I used to wake ds (now 6 months) for a feed at 11, once I stopeed he began waking at 1:30 and 3.
U could try it for a couple of nights and if u dont get on go back to waking him at 11?

ceeveebee Wed 05-Feb-14 00:37:01

We waited until our DTs were sleeping from 11 to 6am (about 12 weeks old). Then we started to do the 11pm feed earlier by 15 mins every few days so it was eventually about 10pm. Then we just didn't wake them one night to see what would happen, and DS slept from 7pm-6 am at 4 months, DD at 5 months ish.

neversleepagain Wed 05-Feb-14 12:51:10

We dropped he dream feed feed at 7 months. Our DTs slept 11pm-7am from 14 weeks. It took a while for me to feel confident dropping the dream feed. There was no problem once I did and they have slept 6:30pm-7:30am from 7 months.

WineSpider Wed 05-Feb-14 20:17:57

We tried dropping the 11pm / dream feed as an experiment when DD was 14 weeks. She actually slept better for the first couple of nights - some experts say the evening sleep is the deepest and begets good sleep for the rest of the night so shouldn't be disturbed. She is often able to go through till 6/7am without a feed (wakes for dummy every hour some nights though - that's another story...).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now