Talk

Advanced search

6 months too old to introduce Ewan?

(9 Posts)
Christelle2207 Tue 04-Feb-14 20:20:10

Our 6mo has always been a crap sleeper, mostly because he's a big baby and constantly hungry. Now have him on solids and as much milk as I can get him to take! Anyway he has now developed this really enjoying habit of, when resettling in the night, falling asleep in our arms yet waking as soon as we put him down and crying. He then resumes being fast asleep as soon as we pick him up again and although we wait for a good few minutes before trying to put him down again the same happens! Can take 8/9 attempts and more than an hour to get him down despite him being asleep most of that time iyswim.
What can we do and is it worth trying an Ewan? Or too late to introduce him?

Blake2313 Tue 04-Feb-14 21:14:15

Hi christelle, I had the exact same problem with my 6 month old last week. He is also a big boy and if I let him would feed most of the night. A few weeks ago we moved him to the cot from co sleeping and although he was still doing 2 wake ups it was fine because he was going in easy and easy to put back down. But then last week he would go wild if we put him down, screaming the place down even with his eyes closed! Then resettle as soon as he was picked up. It was soul destroying getting him to sleep so many times then for him to wake up again.

I really never wanted to do CIO it seemed so mean and I didn't think it would work. But at the weekend there he was lying next to me on the couch and I tucked his arms away stuck a dummy in and rubbed his belly really fast, almost like vibrating him and he fell asleep! Then tried it with the cot, tucked his arms away put the dummy in and did the tummy rub and he was asleep. Decided then to put him down awake but sleepy at his 3am nightfeed and just leave him. He's still in the room with us so I could hear everything and he chatted for a bit then started moaning so I would make shhhh noises then he just fell asleep by himself !!! That's 3 days now of falling asleep by himself and his sleep is a million times better! He was waking every hour. I think do what you can to try get him to fall asleep while in the cot because it definitely works. I honestly never thought it would work with him he's always been nursed to sleep but when he started waking hourly I knew I really had to be strict and do something.

We also have Ewan and when I was putting him down asleep if I put Ewan on he would settle for that, and he does sit quietly and listen to him if he's sleepy so he was a good purchase.

Mrswellyboot Tue 04-Feb-14 21:16:15

Hi op we just use a free white noise app

OuterFromOutersville Tue 04-Feb-14 21:19:41

Who's Ewan?

Gerty1002 Wed 05-Feb-14 07:47:46

It worked really well for my DS at 5 months, I was surprised how well, but a month might make a big difference at this age. Sorry that was quite unhelpful...

Tedder Thu 06-Feb-14 20:59:41

I introduced Ewan at 12 months.....bloody godsend......wish I'd done it sooner!

Christelle2207 Fri 07-Feb-14 14:32:17

Thanks all. Well Ewan the sheep arrived today just out to get batteries and will try and introduce him this evening- expensive soft toy but if it works, just sometimes, will be priceless.

Alexandra6 Sat 08-Feb-14 06:56:41

Please let me know how it goes as have been thinking about introducing Ewan for a while but don't want to waste money - like I did with her vibrating bouncy chair! Although other babies love theirs so guess all babies like different things confused

hotcrossbun83 Sat 08-Feb-14 08:57:37

Same here, 8 wo and trying to decide whether to get one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now