Talk

Advanced search

Sitting up

(5 Posts)
saffstel Tue 04-Feb-14 12:48:08

Hi all,
Has anyone had and dealt with this issue?
My 10.5 month old has just learned how to sit up by herself (she's not yet crawling). Her favourite time for practicing this is nap times and the middle of the night.

Every time I go in, lie her back down again, by the time I've shut the door she sitting up again and crying.

She does know how to lie down as I've seen her do it.

Last night I was lying her down with a sharp "no" for 3 hours!

Can anyone suggest as solution? This has been going on nearly a month now!!

Misfitless Tue 04-Feb-14 23:04:22

She wants to sit up...can't you just leave her to sit up in her cot in her room and walk out? Perhaps she's thinking that each time she sits up, it stops you leaving the room, because you come back to her to lie her down...that is probably what she wants.

I'd just leave her sitting up and let her get on with it. She'll lie down eventually.
Three hours with you lying down with her and her trying to sit up and you saying "No" sharply sounds like hell on earth.

(Mine all did this, btw, I think it's normal smile.)

saffstel Wed 05-Feb-14 06:39:29

Thanks for the suggestion, normally I would just leave her, except she screams the place down almost instantly the minute she sits up!

Misfitless Wed 05-Feb-14 07:41:51

saffstel I've just read a post on a thread in the one child family section of talk by a poster called naty1 (I think that's her name.)

Her DC wouldn't lie down without screaming, and was diagnosed with some intolernaces.

Mine all had a phase of doing what you're DC is doing and they were just being stubborn and wanting to play, but after saying leave your DC, I thought I'd mention it, just in case.

thanks Hope everything is sorted out soon and you get some sleep,

saffstel Wed 05-Feb-14 08:42:08

Thanks, will look!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now