Talk

Advanced search

Help! 6MO sleeper not sleeping!!

(6 Posts)
BeachMum85 Tue 04-Feb-14 07:43:43

DD has slept through the night from about 8WO (I know, we have been so lucky! She's a diamond). But the last 4 nights it's like she's a newborn again, waking 3/4 times - help!

She has been ebf but now combi, usually a bottle-refuser, she now also seems less interested in the boob too. I have been feeding her in the night when she wakes, as the only way to calm her down/ get her back to sleep but aware this is a bad idea! She is also now back in our room. Could it be teething? I can't feel any lumps and she wakes up super happy in the morning and throughout the day.

Ijustworemytrenchcoat Thu 06-Feb-14 00:03:29

Sorry, no help but I came on here to look for a thread like this as my 6 month old son who has slept through from about 10 weeks has become very unsettled. He is waking several times a night, the usual comforters, dummy, lullabies not working.

I have been in and out of bed constantly, normally if he wakes he goes right back over if I give him his dummy but recently he has just laid in his cot making little moany noises. I thought I could be teething or thirst but treating these hasn't done anything. I had to feed him one night and I have had to hold him and rock him to sleep several times and resorted to co sleeping with him in his sleeping bag on top of my bed just to get some sleep.

How are your little girl's naps? My son had changed recently to having one long nap in the morning either after his first or second feed then one maybe two short naps after that. He has been fighting his naps over the past couple of days though.

principalitygirl Thu 06-Feb-14 00:25:56

Could be teething. Could also be a sleep regression linked to a developmental leap. Google sleep regressions and / or wonder weeks for more.
Oh and you have been spoiled...! wink

Beachmum85 Thu 06-Feb-14 08:05:54

This sounds remarkably similar Ijustwore to what we're experiencing! DD's naps are the same too, one 30min nap at 9am ish then a couple of little ones throughout the day. She's so smiley and happy, and yet we've all had no sleep! I've noticed that she keeps touching her right ear, she doesn't seem in pain, but I might take her to the GP to rule out ear infection. Otherwise I think it could be teething on that side.
principalitygirl Urgh I know! Which makes this all so much harder to cope :| Thanks for the advice x

cogitosum Thu 06-Feb-14 10:37:16

We're similar except ds has never been that great. He was ok from 6 weeks awful between 4 and 5 months then good for a patch (and by good I mean 5-7 hours uninterrupted) and now pretty bad again since solids.

Beachmum85 Thu 06-Feb-14 19:14:13

GP says everything looks fine smile so I guess it's a mystery! And hopefully a short-lived phase. I'm now so tired that I'm losing all perspective, an emotional wreck and full of headache sad But as long as DD is healthy, I'm happy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now