Talk

Advanced search

baby hammocks

(6 Posts)
MoreSnowPlease Sun 12-Jan-14 19:11:59

Has anyone used one and did they work for you all?

Has anyone had a terrible sleeper who has improved in a hammock?

Amby or similar.

Cbell Sun 12-Jan-14 19:16:48

We have a terrible sleeper. We have a baby hammock. It's made no bloody difference.

We got the hammock when DS was 2 months old. He slept in it for a few weeks, no difference for a while the his sleep got worse. I think his sleep patterns are entirely unrelated to wherever we lay his head. He's just a rubbish sleeper and there doesn't seem to be a cure I can put hase on eBay!

PacificDogwood Sun 12-Jan-14 19:18:39

I had an Amby and loved, loved, loved the look of it to the point where I wished there was one in my size blush.

It made no difference to DS4's sleeping, sadly.

It took him to 2 years to self-settle and sleep all night; since then he has been great (now almost 4)...

KikiShack Sun 12-Jan-14 22:37:01

Not sure how helpful this is but I had DD in Miyo hammock from birth and she slept pretty well in it, if she startled she would set it bouncing which soothed her. Also if she was fussing I could poke my arm out of bed and bounce her to sleep.
However she grew far too quickly and doesn't fit in it from 2.5 months, so we've had a rude awakening trying to get used to a cot bed with no bounce. It says baby can stay in the hammock until 6-9 months, only if they're very small! DD was about 16lbs when she outgrew it.
It's supposed to see them through until they lose their startle reflex at 4-5 months?

margo42 Sat 15-Feb-14 20:12:12

we used the poco baby hammock and found it made a great difference, my little one is near to sleeping through now. I cant reccommend these enough if you looking for a hammock take a look for youself, not a bad price in comparison to some either i have no complaints on this one www.pocobabyhammocks.co.uk give it a go it worked for us :-)

RebeccaJames Sun 16-Feb-14 20:22:40

We have one (Amby). dS1 slept marginally better in it. DS2 (now 10 weeks) isn't any better in it than out of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now