Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

7 month old early waking- how not to wake everyone else?

(3 Posts)
2children2cats Sat 27-Jul-13 05:33:47

Just that really, we have been congratulating ourselves on having a good sleeper this time round (dd didn't sleep through until 2.5) and since it has got hot he has started waking at 4.50am every morning.
I have taken the path of least resistance as I am worried about him waking his sister so have brought him in to his fed him and ignored him until he goes back to sleep! But I am tired and going back to work in September so really need to get him back on track, he only needs to sleep for an hour longer as a 6am get up is ideal for work and fits in with his sister. I was hoping that when it cooled down he would just sleep better but it looks like t might have become a habit.
So how can I retrain him to sleep for another hour without him screaming the house down and waking everyone else up? Weaning isn't going brilliantly so he could be genuinely hungry but then he has only had 4oz of his bottle just now ( not the behaviour of a ravenous baby!), also he is trying to move, lots of wriggling/rolling/up on all fours so maybe once he cracks crawling things will improve?

2children2cats Sat 27-Jul-13 05:35:15

Sorry for typos, i am tired!

SunnyUpNorth Sat 27-Jul-13 08:56:57

Just seen this, I have just started a virtually identical thread! So no advise really but you're not alone and I shall watch yours for replies too.

We were probably both starting our threads around the same time early this morning!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now