Talk

Advanced search

What kind of mattress?

(5 Posts)
maewest Sun 28-May-06 20:39:43

We've been given a second-hand cotbed for our first baby, due end July. It takes a 140 x 70 cm mattress, and my question is, what kind of mattress should I buy? Do I follow the logic that we followed with our own bed and buy the best (comfiest/expensive) that we can afford? Any suggestions gratefully received.

Cappucino Sun 28-May-06 21:01:10

you're best going to a nice independent baby equipment shop and asking them

when I went for a new cot mattress they told me it was no point really getting a fancy sprung one unless it was going in a cotbed because we wouldn't get enough use out of it

I'd've thought for a cotbed you should get a sprung one, but I don't reckon that 'the most expensive' is necessarily the best

if you reckon that your own mattress should last up to 15 years, you're not going to use the cotbed for that long

as I said, go to a good shop. and if they look like they're just trying to sell you their priciest, go to another one

Cappucino Sun 28-May-06 21:01:45

oh - it is good to get one with a zippy-off top in case baby voms on it

maewest Mon 29-May-06 13:32:15

thanks for the suggestion, will get out and about

biglips Mon 29-May-06 13:35:45

i bought a spring mattress for that size for my cotbed off ebay for £35 - its brand new and what a bargain!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: