Talk

Advanced search

So I have been up since midnight with DD5

(3 Posts)
MrsWhirling Wed 29-May-13 02:52:21

She ran into my room & got into my bed at midnight. I was breast feeding DS6m who had woken for the first of usually 2/3 night feeds.

She gets into bed and won't stop fidgeting. Rubbing her toes on my legs, pretending to cry, she's thirsty, she's she's hot, she's AAARRRGGG!

I have just completely lost it and orders her back to her bed. She is now sitting up crying that she is scared. Soon she will wake the baby & DH who fell asleep downstairs. No doubt this will cause DH&me to have a row... I really don't know what to do with her sleeping anymore.

I have to sit with her for up to an hour after her story time & then creep out of her room when she is asleep every evening - usually with the poor baby.

95% of the time she gets up & gets into my bed. She will NOT get into a blow up bed on the floor (we brought her a Disney one).

She also sleeps no later than 6am & refuses to stay in her room, usually howling by 6:30am that she wants breakfast. Her lack of sleep (my lack of sleep) is making me depressed. I am a zombie in the day & cannot manage. Please help with any advice or experience you may have. Thank you.

OrangeFootedScrubfowl Wed 29-May-13 03:14:45

Do you think it is a reaction to her newish brother?

My DD and DS are similar ages and DD gets into bed with me most nights too lately but I just figure it's a phase where she feels she needs me more so I haven't done anything to correct the behaviour. DH did say last night that I shouldn't just take the path of least resistance because I am tired with the baby but I do really think that for me letting her get in is the right thing as well as the easiest!

But that's not the same as you anyway if your DD isn't even sleeping when she is in with you, and you don't want to have to sit in her room all evening waiting for her to fall asleep in the first place.

Hmm. Can you do a gradual retreat at bedtime? Think of a job you have to do on the landing for a few nights where she can still hear you are nearby?

What time does she go to bed? Have you tried to see if an earlier bedtime would lead to more of a lie in?

BoffinMum Wed 29-May-13 03:44:58

Stick her in bed with you once or twice and then have a Big Talk when you are more rested,so you can reinstate separate rooms. Little thing wants her mummy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now