Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is this normal when teething

(10 Posts)
Middlesexmummy Wed 22-May-13 07:37:50

Hi
Just after a bit of advice and reassurance from you all.... My 14 month old dd is teething at the moment , she s a late starter and has so far cut one tooth only but I suspect another one is coming ....she s been off food and drink over the weekend and since but seem s to happily guzzle up to 10 oz during the night !!! We had a on a pretty good routine and she went down like a dream at 7pm often waking once maybe if her dummy popped out , then stooping 5 am for a feed but then slept again till 730 ish. Over the last few days she s been up constantly hysterical till she s given milk .... I'm putting it down to teething hence having relented to extra feeds at night . I wanted to know is this normal . Last time she cut her tooth she didn't eat properly for nearly a month !! Thanks

mumtolilh Wed 22-May-13 11:26:14

Hi

Yes very normal! My 18 month old is currently teething & has eaten literally nothing for 3 days! He started late too & he now has 12 teeth.They all came within the last 4 months so it's been miserable but I'm near the end! I just trust my baby will eat when hungry so I offer him food throughout the day just incase & always offer him 3 meals a day ;)

Middlesexmummy Wed 22-May-13 11:37:28

Hi mumtolilh, thanks for responding , it's just heartbreaking to see her not eating , she keeps burping too so it makes me think that her food hasn't digested properly , I know she gets hungry as she wanders off to the kitchen often asking for "num num"( her word for food ) but when we go to feed her she just spits it out or has a fit
I'm am struggling as I work full time and she s waking up for milk now at night as she s prob hungry , the lack of sleep is getting me down

Middlesexmummy Wed 22-May-13 11:51:41

Ps , has your baby been waking up
In the night for milk ? We are gutted that we are having to offer her milk at silly o clock when we had weaned her and she was eating 3 meals a day

mumtolilh Wed 22-May-13 12:14:47

Hi

Yes my lb spits out food all the time & it's always because of teething!
He doesn't wake in the night & if he does I give him water which I make before I go to bed & leave on the side incase he wakes.If you give the milk bottle your baby may be in a habit & expect the milk in the night sad
Must be so hard as you are working! Does she eat alot of breakfast? I ask because my lb always manages his breakfast first thing but lunch & dinner gets spat out! So frustrating especially after cooking something nice! Does she eat snacks etc without a fuss?

Middlesexmummy Wed 22-May-13 12:19:14

Well the first time around when we were waiting for that first tooth to come thru she did eat porridge q happily , now she has 2-3 spoons and spits out the rest , I then offer her Cheerios and she ll happily munch those . This morning she has half a yoghurt and a handful of Cheerios !!!! I think I may try water tonight as well but she refuses to drink it in the day !

Middlesexmummy Wed 22-May-13 12:20:27

Ps snacks , depends what it is, Cheerios no prob

mumtolilh Wed 22-May-13 12:27:33

Well that's a good sign so at least she's eating something! Yes try her with water because when I done this my lb soon got bored & slept through ;)
It is hard though when they aren't eating much not to offer the milk
All the best & hopefully she will be eating happily again soon ;-)

Middlesexmummy Wed 22-May-13 12:35:13

Do u offer lukewarm water or cold and is it in the bottle

mumtolilh Wed 22-May-13 16:27:33

It's just room temp in the bottle

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now