Talk

Advanced search

No-cry sleep solution=lots of crying

(6 Posts)
SuiGeneris Tue 21-May-13 05:04:00

I might well be doing it wrong, but DS has just been crying frantically for an hour, having been awake for almost two hours and having woken up every 45 mins before then.

At least before we started this he was doing 1,5 hours at a time, occasionally 3...Am shattered and now also wondering what the last hour of crying will have done to our relationship. DS is 13 months and breastfed..,

AutumnMadness Tue 21-May-13 20:17:43

No Cry Sleep Solution and all other sleep manuals are a load of tosh. Just do ANYTHING that works that will help you stay sane and hope it all passes soon. Hugs.

mamacoffee Tue 21-May-13 20:54:07

Ime ncss doesn't mmean no crying it just means less crying. And it means you comfort them rather than leaving them. But with dc2 I didn't botherwith any sleep training I just did what autumnmadness said smile

SuiGeneris Wed 22-May-13 18:18:04

I understand what you are saying, we never did any sleep training with DS1 and were quite against it,but I have only had two 4-hour sleep periods on the past 13 months and I need to sleep better if I am to find a new job...

BuffyFan Wed 22-May-13 20:53:57

Honestly, controlled crying leads to less crying overall than the no-cry sleep solution. I wouldn't want to open a debate about controlled crying, but when we did it with our DS, he was sleeping through the night after 3 nights. Definitely less crying in the long run!!

KatAndKit Thu 23-May-13 10:59:06

what were you doing before and what aspect of ncss have you started now? Clearly it isn't working for you so tell us what you were doing before that you felt the need to change and why, and what you have already tried and perhaps someone will have an idea. My DS is 13 months and we are beginning to get there with the lying down next to the cot routine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now