Talk

Advanced search

First bus waking dd

(6 Posts)
FloatingOnTheMed Tue 23-May-06 10:16:08

Dd is 2.9. She used to sleep till 8:30-9:30am (bedtime 7pm) but since sleeping in a bed instead of a cot she’s been up between 6-7am. (Though it’s poss she was awake earlier in her cot but just didn’t call me straight away.) I have come to the realization that recently it is the early buses that go past our house that is waking her – 6:10am seems to be the first one and that is often the time she awakes. She is clearly not ready to get up at that time, I send her back to bed and quite often she’ll fall back to sleep till 7am. (I’m v lucky that I can press a snooze button on her though threat of no morning telly after breakfast works!) Btw I have made her bedtime later – 7:30pm, sometimes a little later, but it hasn’t made any difference. In fact the later her bedtime is, the earlier she awakes for some reason
Is there anything I can do to stop this happening? How useful are those white noise machines I’ve heard mention of and would it block out the noise of a bus? When she was a baby I had a radio on all night for her as any tiny noise in the flat would wake her, but she grew out of that and I’m sure would only keep her awake at night now!

FloatingOnTheMed Tue 23-May-06 19:10:22

bump

aelita Thu 25-May-06 22:11:34

I've posted the same potential solution on a different thread in this section, but try giving her an earlier bedtime rather than a later one for a while - she may be overtired which has locked her into an early wake-up. There's a saying 'the more they sleep, the more they sleep'. This has always worked for my DS!

FloatingOnTheMed Fri 26-May-06 13:56:45

That does ring true. The thing is, she's not overly tired at bedtime as it is, although fairly sleepy at breakfast time. And, she is getting up nearly 11 1/2 hours after bedtime (prob awake for half an hour before falling asleep - so actually 10 -10 1/2 hours sleep a night which sounds fine to me but not when you consider she used to stay in bed for 13-14 hours a night!

aelita Fri 26-May-06 23:31:16

Well I hope it works for you. I am extremely jealous though that you EVER got an 8.30-9.30 wakeup!

FloatingOnTheMed Sun 28-May-06 18:40:48

yeah i'm jealous of my old self! although it wasn't all really nice cos the ppl who used to live above me also had a little kid who was up at 6am so i would be kept awake from them anyway... but at least in bed

well she's happened to have had a later night last 2 nights due to being out and actually got up at 7:20am this morning so that disproves our thoughts on earlier nights!! Although, it is a sunday so perhaps the buses start later!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: