Talk

Advanced search

Rapid return in big bed, it's been over a month now!

(8 Posts)
ILovePonyo Fri 17-May-13 20:43:16

Surely it should be getting better?! shock

Dd age 2.3 has been in her "big girl bed" for just over a month now and we have to do anywhere between half an hour and 3 hours rapid return every single night. It's as if she is tired and ready for bed at 7-7.30, but as soon as we've bathed her and put her into bed she gets a rush of energy and spends hours leaping out of bed, playing with toys and generally not sleeping hmm

Anyone had anything similar? Is it just a case of waiting it out?

Our friend advised to put a stair gate on her door and just leave her but I hate the thought of leaving her crying at stair gate each night.

Thanks smile

shoesontheglasslamp Fri 17-May-13 21:18:37

Does the bath really get her excited? Sometimes it can be more stimulating than relaxing.

Just a thought...

ILovePonyo Fri 17-May-13 21:40:15

Erm, to be honest shoes yes it does! We do have a story and milk afterwards which usually calms her down a bit but you do have a point with the bath...

mikkii Fri 17-May-13 21:44:57

I find a bath gets my girls going rather than winding down. Why not try a morning bath (or skip it for a couple of days). It could just be what I refer to as the "crash and burn" episode as they get increasingly manic.

I'm interested as DD2 is 2.7 and should really be out of her cot, but at he moment she says she doesn't want a bed and wants to keep her mobile (attached to side of cot).

I'm happy to oblige as this defers what OP is going through.

ILovePonyo Fri 17-May-13 22:04:39

mikkii we don't really have time in the morning! We have to be out of the house early ish for work and nursery everyday so morning bath might not be an option confused

We had to move dd out of her cot early because it broke, how I regret it now! So don't do it is my advice wink

ILovePonyo Sun 19-May-13 20:48:56

I'm just bumping this for myself... smile

PrincessOfChina Sun 19-May-13 20:54:44

We moved R about three months ago and still have some nights when she is in and out of bed for ages.

Would A definitely cry at the star gate? R only cries if there's something wrong, otherwise she plays a little or "reads" a book and eventually settles. Maybe the ignoring could work...

ILovePonyo Sun 19-May-13 21:35:10

Thanks, I reckon she would cry at the stair gate but who knows, could be worth a try? I'm happy to let her play in her room it's just the constant getting out of bed and coming looking for us hmm

It could be worse however and I suppose it's not been that long in the grand scheme of things, it's just on supernanny they have a week or so of it then the child sleeps straight away! Maybe I'll show dd that so she knows what she has to do grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now