Talk

Advanced search

Is 17mo too young for a duvet?

(7 Posts)
hellohellohihi Thu 16-May-13 13:24:52

DD is just about to grow out of her sleeping bag and I'm wondering she'd be ok with a duvet now? She does fling herself about rather a lot so I guess she might kick it off and get chilly.

What tog do I get now we're coming into summer (even though it's still bloody cold? - 2.5 still?

ilovepowerhoop Thu 16-May-13 13:58:48

duvets are fine from 1 year. A maximum of 4.5tog is recommended for cot beds/junior beds and a maximum of 10.5tog is recommended for full sized single beds (something to do with the relative area of the bed that is covered by the child). DS had an 18-36 month sleeping bag that he used until he was 2½ years old and went into a big bed (with a duvet).

mrsyattering Thu 16-May-13 14:02:38

Both my dc's went into junior beds at 18 months, with cotbed sized duvets. Not sure what tog, got them in ikea, very good value

hellohellohihi Thu 16-May-13 17:52:44

Ok thanks lovelies.

We need an ikea trip actually so will take a look. Planning in keeping dd in her cot as long as possible but maybe we'll try a duvet soon.

Also when she goes in a big bed I think she's going to have the double from the spare room!!

ilovepowerhoop Thu 16-May-13 18:25:30

[[ http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/1278752/Trail/searchtext%3ECOTBED+DUVET.htm argos]] sell a cotbed duvet and pillow set

ilovepowerhoop Thu 16-May-13 18:26:12

try again!

hellohellohihi Fri 17-May-13 10:09:08

Ooh fab, thank you!

Now for some nice bedding.....? Not a fan of mothercare-esque themes or character stuff...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now