Talk

Advanced search

help 18 month old never slept through (all my fault)

(6 Posts)
donnacb Sun 21-May-06 20:35:20

hi i have posted before but my question is (this shortened as have just typed all this then lost it sleep deprivation) Any way ds preterm at 8 months not gaining weight told to restart breast feeds ( worse thing ever) any way poor boy is still only 9 kg. but had enoughof feeding at night. We are knackered, we cant go out. he wakes every 2 1/2 hours- 3 hours last night every 30 mins anmd ended up in bed with us. noy something i always do. he goes to bed well and just started to read to him before he goes to sleep and he is a wake. any way tried cranial osteopathy to no avail. so thought would try pick up put down type thing. Has anyone done this successfully. Is it worth getting a sleep nanny to support us or a grandma and has anyone done this.
has anyone tried sedatives on a short time basis which has changed habits. poor little man not his fault but feel guilty having to put him through a few really terrible nights but am strating night duty soon

any help greatfully recieved

cheers donna (hope this one works)

dandycandyjellybean Tue 23-May-06 07:56:33

sorry, my ds is 7 months so no advice, just sympathies and a bump...

morningpaper Tue 23-May-06 07:59:39

If he was up every 30 minutes and this was unusual, then he is probably ill

Try Calpol? When he is back to his normal self then perhaps try getting Daddy to comfort him in the night instead of you. This worked for me at 19 months with minimum stress all round.

donnacb Tue 23-May-06 21:28:56

cheers morning paper. feeling really low today. argh well one day life will be easy

donnacb Tue 23-May-06 21:29:28

oh and cubby of course

CorrieDale Thu 25-May-06 20:47:53

I echo what Morningpaper says. We got DH involved (DS was 10 months) in order to night-wean DS. We had 3 difficult nights and since then he's been fine - has even been sleeping through recently.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: