Talk

Advanced search

When will this end???

(4 Posts)
Queenside Tue 14-May-13 14:00:59

My DD is 9 months old. She's not awful sleeper. We have had problems but now she can settle herself but she wakes twice a night as the norm.

When can I expect that she might be at least in the habit of sleeping 7-7?? I know I could have it a lot worse but I just thought by the end of their first year they'd mostly sleep through without feeds.

I just need some nights of proper sleep and it seems that all the babies around me are dropping night feeds of their own accord except mine!

SillyBlueHat Tue 14-May-13 18:34:02

There is no answer unfortunately. Some babies sleep through at 2 month, some at 2 years.
Have you tried sending DH to her with water? If she's waking for milk out of habit rather than hunger she may decide that it's not worth it. This worked for a friend

Queenside Tue 14-May-13 19:30:03

Thanks for your post. We've tried water. Tried giving a little less milk each time or diluting the formula. She just seems incapable of not having milk overnight but I feel like twice is really more than is necessary! I'll have to just wait it out.

AmericasTorturedBrow Thu 16-May-13 07:38:33

No idea, DC1 slept through reliably from 8months, DC2 still wakes totally randomly for different reason all hours of the night with no consistency. She's 17mo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now