Talk

Advanced search

Ok to nap in pram?

(7 Posts)
milkyman Tue 30-Apr-13 13:18:18

My DS likes to nap in his pram, he has it lambskin lined and naps in hall. Is this ok or is there a lack of ventilation? Our hall is cool and I strap him. He won't go in his cot but will at night.

Also, I feel a bad mother for sitting in the garden when he naps! I can hear he cry and check on him regularly. To be honest siting in the garden is probably nearer to him than if hes upstairs!

NotSoNervous Tue 30-Apr-13 13:29:50

How old is your DS? Does it lie flat? My DD is 6m old and can be a nightmare getting to sleep in the day so I often take her out for a walk in her pram and once she's asleep I leave her in it at home until she wakes, it does lie completely flat and is suitable for a newborn

Badgerina Tue 30-Apr-13 14:54:53

I think it's fine in terms of safety, and your proximity to him, although, since he's in the pram, you could bring him out into the garden with you smile

PoppyWearer Tue 30-Apr-13 14:56:55

I've done pram-napping with both my DCs, especially my DC2 who was a complete cot-refuser. It's fine.

If you have an iPad and an iPhone there's a baby monitor app for about £2.99 that is worth getting, just for peace of mind. It has video as well as audio.

babyphat Thu 02-May-13 12:46:27

Pram/buggy naps rule. Means you aren't stuck inside for ages waiting to go and do stuff. More flexibility if they will nap in a buggy. Days out are hard if they will only sleep in a cot.

KatAndKit Fri 03-May-13 10:03:36

My DS only naps in his pram or in the car. Pram naps are great. We go for a walk, and five minutes after he falls asleep I get back home and park him in the hallway and often I can get on with stuff or faff around on the internet with a cuppa. Also if you need to go to the shops or anything then a pram nap is ideal. My DS is 12 months now and still only does buggy naps. He used to do sling naps too. I can't be bothered getting him to nap in the cot - it's a job enough getting him to sleep there at night.

FattyMcChubster Fri 03-May-13 10:07:16

You are lucky, dd only naps in her cot so we're stuck inside at her nap time! I'd love if she would nap in her pram but she's too nosy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now