Talk

Advanced search

4 year old sweating profusely at night....what do I do?

(8 Posts)
collision Wed 17-May-06 22:58:55

Am really worried about this as he is wet through and cries because of it.

He is wearing shorts and tshirt PJs and has a quilt. Will check the tog on it but I didnt think it was a particularly warm one.

Do any of you use sheets and blankets with your children?

Do you think it is medical?

Aaarrghhhh! Dont know what to do but it has been happening a lot recently.

tortoise Wed 17-May-06 23:04:28

Sorry no advice but read title as swearing not sweating

frumpygrumpy Wed 17-May-06 23:19:06

My DD has always been hot in bed and sometimes she's soaking wet, including hair. I plait her hair before bed (n/a in your case) and make sure the duvet is pulled down over the end of the bed so it reaches her tummy. She sometimes sleeps without a pillow to keep her head/face cooler.

Like you I've wondered if its medical but in my DDs case I dont think it is. She's been like this since little (now 5).

Sorry not much help but just wanted to let you know. Hope you can get to the bottom of it.

FWIW I've found the nights hot for the last few weeks.

waterfalls Wed 17-May-06 23:21:20

My ds has always slept hot, he ends up dripping wet, he has never been bothered by it though, is'nt it just the way some people are??

collision Thu 18-May-06 15:50:48

Am going to try a sheet and a blanket tonight and see what happens.

He is so sweaty when he wakes up and gets upset that he is wet! poor chap!

Tommy Thu 18-May-06 15:55:07

my DS is also like this but it doesn't seem to bother him

frumpygrumpy Thu 18-May-06 17:50:21

Poor wee thing, hope its better tonight.

tortoiseshell Thu 18-May-06 17:53:11

You've just reminded me that ds1 was like this - I'd forgotten, and not noticed that he isn't any more - he used to be DRIPPING with sweat. He's now nearly 5 and is fine. Dd is often quite hot - plaiting hair is a really good idea.

I did wonder at the time if it could be ds1's metabolism, but I think it was just a phase - it coincided with him having very vivid dreams, so maybe was a psychological thing?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: