Talk

Advanced search

Did your dc use scratch mittens when a sleep?

(8 Posts)
Jayne266 Sat 20-Apr-13 20:46:51

I think I have got myself stuck in a rut DS has had those built in sleep mittens in his sleep suit, and I have now realised I can't get them for his age now.
I have tried separate mittens but he gets them off so I thought that's fine I will do without.
But now DS wakes up early in the morning grabbing and playing with his dummy or the side of the cot (almost anything).

Any tips on how to stop this?

CarlyRose80 Sat 20-Apr-13 21:14:54

Sadly not. Mine LO has also reached the age where he sucks them off and that's it, dummy out hands in mouth etc. just have to hope he learns to stop bloody doing it.

Sunshinewithshowers Sun 21-Apr-13 01:47:52

I ordered these for my LO today, they go up to big sizes x

www.scratchsleeves.co.uk/scratchsleeves

humptynumptyfall Sun 21-Apr-13 22:47:13

Socks instead? Tucked over the baby grow instead of under maybe

ThreeWheelsGood Sun 21-Apr-13 23:01:03

We never did and she learnt to suck her thumb at night.

BackforGood Sun 21-Apr-13 23:11:45

I'm confused - what's wrong with playing with his dummy or the side of the cot ? confused.
My eldest wore scratch mitts...er...to stop him scratching himself, but neither of my younger too needed them.

geminigirl Sun 21-Apr-13 23:18:50

I also used to use socks at night to keep DCs hands warm when they were very small babies, probably till they were a couple of months old. They didn't budge cos they were so long!

IAmJacksRagingBileDuct Sun 21-Apr-13 23:21:02

Socks definitely. If they have a long sleeved vest on, then long socks, then the babygro they don't budge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now