Talk

Advanced search

18 day old sleep pattern

(22 Posts)
OohShiny Thu 11-Apr-13 20:53:11

My gorgeous perfect 18 day old DD has been unsettled today. Think she might have had some trapped wind but she's not slept really all day apart from 10 mins or so here and there and has been a bit grisly.

She finally fell asleep about an hour and a half ago, on me, with her little warm milky dribbly cheek on my bare belly and her hand resting on my ample bosom.

AIBU to just let her sleep? I know I'm setting myself up for a bad night but she's so warm and snuggly and beautiful I can't bring myself to wake her or put her in her Moses basket.

ChameleonCircuit Thu 11-Apr-13 20:56:37

My rule is never wake a sleeping baby.

cheekyangel Thu 11-Apr-13 20:56:50

Don't wake a sleeping baby smile

CreatureRetorts Thu 11-Apr-13 20:57:20

<jealous>

YANBU. Love newborns grin

Loislane78 Thu 11-Apr-13 20:57:51

^^ agree

LovesBeingWokenEveryNight Thu 11-Apr-13 20:58:32

Leave her where she is, when you feel ready try and move her then kick yourself when she wakes grin

christinarossetti Thu 11-Apr-13 21:00:16

I miss my children falling asleep on me....

Minshu Thu 11-Apr-13 21:03:31

Far too soon to worry about routines and not letting them nap too late. The only reason to wake a sleeping baby is to feed it...

Could you bear anyone to take your picture? - it's a memory you will cherish and the time does move so quickly smile

MildDrPepperAddiction Thu 11-Apr-13 21:16:39

Aww, I miss that so much. Cherish those moments.

Fraggle3112 Thu 11-Apr-13 22:10:10

YANBU defo enjoy the snuggles my midwife told me you can't spoil a newborn so I bearly put mine down for the first month! Haha

YoniWankEnobi Thu 11-Apr-13 22:11:53

Aaw. I miss those days (not the nights though...) now I'm left with DTDs who DO sleep, just with their boyfriends....

YoniWankEnobi Thu 11-Apr-13 22:13:42

On a serious note, seriously, let your beautiful baby sleep (congratulations! 18 days!) and whatever anyone says about making a rod for your own back, just enjoy the moment with your lovely dd.

abbyfromoz Thu 11-Apr-13 22:22:13

Noooo! Don't do that to me! I literally have tears in my eyes remembering my baby girl (almost 2 years ago). So no. YANBU. Let her sleep and smell her head for me. And her milky breath. And never ever post this again or I might just have to make another baby!! Now where do I find a thread to knock some sense into me? hmm

OohShiny Thu 11-Apr-13 22:56:27

grin sorry but I'm just so in love I had to share. She woke up when we took her to bed but has burped and farted like a sailor and had a dirty nappy so she's been changed and fed again! and is now drifting off again so I get to watch her until I'm sure she won't wake up when she goes in her cot.

Plus I have just excavated a massive bogey from her nostril so I'm sure she can breathe better now! and it was so satisfying!

HolgerDanske Fri 12-Apr-13 10:50:28

That was really lovely and made me go all teary eyed smile

My two are in sixth form and starting GCSE this year, so the little tiny baby days are well and truly behind me.

Congratulations flowers

VitoCorleone Fri 12-Apr-13 10:53:33

Aww so cute, my youngest is 1 now and just wants to pull my hair and climb on me.

HairyGrotter Fri 12-Apr-13 10:53:41

Enjoy, enjoy and enjoy some more! My DD slept on me for the first 3 months, basically, then we co-slept. Those were some of the most serene times, such simple beauty!

Polyethyl Fri 12-Apr-13 10:54:01

Agreed. Never wake a sleeping baby. Nor a sleeping dragon, for pretty much the same reason!
It is so delightful when babies fall asleep on you. Even though you know it will probably end with them being sick on you.

everlong Fri 12-Apr-13 10:57:12

Just sit there sniffing her little head <soppy>

quoteunquote Fri 12-Apr-13 11:15:09

how lovely takes me right back, thanks.

never wake a sleeping baby, unless it's an emergency, (bursting breast, bursting bladder, that sort of thing)

schobe Fri 12-Apr-13 11:17:49

envy

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 13-Apr-13 19:15:44

Hello

Many congrats on your baby OoohShiny, but this isn't an AIBU so we've moved it to Sleep <mean>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now