Talk

Advanced search

Getting to sleep ruined since illness

(11 Posts)
Skang Wed 10-Apr-13 20:04:14

I still feed my nearly 18 month old dd to sleep. She was ill with D&V a couple of weeks ago and since then it's taking up to a flipping hour each night to get her to sleep. Previously it took ten mins and she was showing signs of growing out of it. What can I do? I feel like we've been set back about 6 months.

Skang Wed 10-Apr-13 20:27:20

After an hour she had her eyes shut and I thought she was finally going to sleep. Then she sat up, again. I called DH in to sit with her, I'm really starting to lose patience! She hasn't cried surprisingly, I would have gone back in if she did. I've heard her speak once since and he shhshhed her. Just go to bloody sleep! I

Sleepybunny Wed 10-Apr-13 20:40:23

www.amazon.co.uk/Go-F-Sleep-Adam-Mansbach/dp/0857862650/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365622620&sr=8-1&keywords=get+the+f+k+to+sleep

This might help, cheered me up grin

Maybe not suitable for an 18 month old though

Skang Wed 10-Apr-13 21:02:46

Thanks, I'll have a look!

I stupidly went in thinking she'd probably 'go quietly' when I got back. I was wrong, she started messing about again. DH is back there now singing to her, she's actually wide awake now saying 'again!' after every song sad I wonder what will happen if I just don't go back? It kind of feels like giving in if I do and setting myself up for doing this (taking hours business) every night.

Sorry I'm just thinking aloud really.

Skang Wed 10-Apr-13 21:12:05

After some random yelling of words, not in an upset fashion she has gone quiet. Please be going to sleep, it's been two hours sad

Skang Wed 10-Apr-13 21:26:59

She fell asleep! Thank god for that. I might just send DH in straight away tomorrow.

Sleepybunny Wed 10-Apr-13 22:02:00

wine time

Skang Wed 10-Apr-13 22:11:47

Indeed wine

Skang Thu 11-Apr-13 09:03:22

Does anyone have any suggestions of somewhere I could get advice about this? Is there some kind of helpline?? <clutches at straws>

Sleepybunny Thu 11-Apr-13 20:11:03

Sorry I'm totally useless for advice, but is there a decent health visitor that could point you in the right direction?

Sleepybunny Thu 11-Apr-13 20:13:03

Oh do you watch that bedtime live programme on channel 4? They had some tips, plus a phone number. Maybe check out their website?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now