Talk

Advanced search

Clocks going forward

(3 Posts)
CeriWyn Mon 08-Apr-13 13:05:58

Hi
I really regret not preparing my DD for the clocks going forward. This seems to have really ruined her routine. She had only just started settling well at night the week before. Since the clocks went forward she has been taking over an hour to settle in her cot. We stay with her until she sleeps as part of our sleep training.
Last night we put her to bed at 8pm instead of 7pm to try. She did settle to sleep much quicker and was asleep in about 10 minutes. Is this a good idea? She did wake during the night and didn't go back for about 2 hours, I think this may be due to teething.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Beamae Mon 08-Apr-13 13:19:13

It's such a hassle, isn't it? I take a week or two to adjust the sleeping routine by shifting it by 15 mins every couple of days. So if bed time is 7pm and your child only wants to sleep at 8 now, I'd start doing 7.45, then 7.30 etc. I stick religiously to feeding times though and don't let them sleep in in the morning, so that they are more tired for naps. If I was clever I would adjust their times ahead of the clocks changing but I always forget so do it after.

CeriWyn Mon 08-Apr-13 14:03:55

Thanks Beamae. I think that's what I'm going to do gradually get back towards the 7pm mark. I'm gutted because she'd finally started to settle down to sleep for us!! Nevermind, hopefully this is just a blip!! :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now