Talk

Advanced search

infant gaviscon

(3 Posts)
AmyInWonderland Sun 07-Apr-13 20:47:21

Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not....we think our three week old has reflux and have got gaviscon from the doctors for her. I think it's meant to thicken her milk so that it's less likely to come up but we're finding that when she tries to sleep the sick is just thicker so harder to get up and disturbs her even more, sound even more like she's choking on it. Has anyone had a similar experience?

monstergoose Sun 07-Apr-13 21:24:31

My lo is 7wks and has been on meds for reflux for the past 4wks. We were given gaviscon initially by the gp which was useless as we couldn't get her to take it as am BFing. Now on ranitidine and domperidone from paeds which are working much better so if gaviscon not working or causing problems there are other meds out there. I was referred to the paeds at the local hospital though as my gp didn't know what else to prescribe other than gaviscon so you might have to go down that route

AmyInWonderland Mon 08-Apr-13 07:44:37

Thanks for this, may ask for ranitidine next and give that a try

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now