Talk

Advanced search

side to sleep?!

(6 Posts)
shmuf Sun 07-Apr-13 18:13:30

Dd (9mo) has bad wind after introduction to new foods and wakes up screaming every 20mins or so,yet somehow manages to sleep fine on me!I'm wondering if lying her on her side could help her,but can't figure out how to put her down comfortably-where should her arms go?!

minipie Sun 07-Apr-13 18:18:35

We used to put dd to sleep on her side when she was <3 months and had terrible wind all the time. her underneath arm would be stretched out to the side, so at 90 degrees to her body with palm upwards. her top arm would be anywhere - often stretched out in the same direction as the underneath arm, but with palm facing downwards. hope that makes sense.

lazzaroo Sun 07-Apr-13 19:50:21

Out of interest, do you do anything to keep them on their side? My 3 month old suffers badly with wind in the night & is really unsettled in her cot. Sleeps much better on someone. Have tried putting her down on side but she always flops on to her back really quickly.

minipie Sun 07-Apr-13 20:47:19

we had dd on her side in her Moses basket, we had a rolled up towel down one side of the basket against her back which kept her on her side. but guess that wouldn't work so well in a cot and for a bigger baby...

lazzaroo Sun 07-Apr-13 20:57:55

Thanks, it's worth a try! I'm off to find a towel!.....

BertieBotts Sun 07-Apr-13 20:59:03

If she's 9 months old you can put her in whatever position you like. As soon as DS could roll he would only sleep on his tummy.

For side sleeping you do a kind of recovery position type thing, but let her wriggle into however is comfy for her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now