Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

14 week old fights sleep at night

(4 Posts)
BuntyCollocks Sat 06-Apr-13 21:05:28

DD from day dot refused to go to sleep before 11pm. We were having some success at moving it earlier, and got her to about 8:30/9.

This week she's been really poorly, and for the past 2 weeks as soon as 7pm hits she becomes inconsolable with rage. She pulls and fusses on the breast, if I give her ebm on a bottle she'll take it but then want to pull on my poor, abused nips anyway, so I don't think it's a supply issue or a fast/slow letdown.

She's ebf. She usually (not the last three days but previous to that) only has one night waking.

She is also not fond of a nap in the afternoon. She tends to get up for the day around 7, play for an hour or two, then sleep for 3 hours. I've then seen her go from then until she finally passes out for the night

I'm at my wits end. She's a lovely, happy wee thing but she's getting so overtired I have no clue what to do.

DrSeuss Sun 07-Apr-13 10:37:00

IMHO, it's the three hour nap that's not helping. I wouldn't let her go that long. Then she's overtired. Babies who are tired beyond a point won't sleep, weird but true. Have you got the book "the Baby Whisperer"? Very good I found. Good luck!

minipie Sun 07-Apr-13 12:22:14

I agree, I'd try waking her after the morning nap has reached an hour, then she might be more keen for another nap later. unless you've already tried that?

how old is she?

BuntyCollocks Sun 07-Apr-13 12:39:11

Oh, will do that starting tomorrow (since the massive morning nap has been and gone!). Just ordered the baby whisperer (that's the easy routine, isn't it?) for my kindle.

She's 14 weeks yesterday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now