Talk

Advanced search

What time do you go to bed?

(10 Posts)
Middlesexmummy Fri 05-Apr-13 21:32:42

Hi , before dd, we used to sleep at 11 or 12 now lucky if we make it past 10.30 .... Lie in s are a thing of the past too
Just wondering if we are alone in this or similar to others ( ps I'm writing this with the lights off hoping to get a few hours before dd wakes !)

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 05-Apr-13 21:34:01

How old is your dd? When mine was under one I barely ever made it to 10pm.

Thurlow Fri 05-Apr-13 21:37:00

Ditto. Used to go to bed about 11. Since DD, in bed just after 10, lights out 10.30! The other day we were both in bed by 9.30.

Middlesexmummy Fri 05-Apr-13 21:40:45

She s 1 , it s terrible but I m usually sparko by 10 , it's my dh who manages to eek out the extra half hour . Needless to say there's hardly been any other activity going on in our bed apart from sleep . I just can't believe how exhausted I am all the time and I only have 1 !!!!

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 05-Apr-13 21:44:55

If we had sex we used to do it early evening before either of us zonked out.

Middlesexmummy Fri 05-Apr-13 21:50:45

We ve both said we will make time tmrw eve no matter how tired we are !!!!! It hasn't helped that we ve all been sick over the last few months , the terrible cold weather which has meant denting stuck indoors. Hopefully we may get some quality tune in between her sleep cycles lol

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 05-Apr-13 22:32:55

Well, hoe you have a lovely evening tomorrow then smile

Middlesexmummy Sat 06-Apr-13 21:04:05

Well, once again too tired to even contemplate anything other than sleep . My dd woke at 130 then up for the day at 645. We ve had a full on day trying to wear her out. In bed by 730 but has been up already.... And me , now in bed absolutely shattered .

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 07-Apr-13 09:45:16

Do you get a lie in ever? My DH let me do the night wakings but always got up when the dc did, and still does, so that I could get some more sleep. He saw the benefit in doing it, iykwim smile

Middlesexmummy Sun 07-Apr-13 10:18:58

He does 12 hour day and night shifts and does what he can . I don't really get a lie in but if I feed her breakfast and get her ready he ll take over and drop her to nursery whilst I get ready for work . Tbh am getting used to the lack if sleep now and functioning on 5-6 hours which I suppose for some is good
This morning dd woke at 6 am she d alreAdy been up for a feed at 4 so no way was age hungry . Anyway I just left her , she moaned and tossed and turned and then every so often silence but I think she dropped off at 7am . For me that was a minor success as I would call that self settling albeit in the morning . I went in at 8 to wake her .....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now