Talk

Advanced search

Clocks going forward has ruined my DD's sleep

(4 Posts)
sallycinnamum Fri 05-Apr-13 08:25:47

Around two weeks ago, we started to sleep train my one year old DD and within 4 days she was sleeping from 7pm to 7am. Previously she was having a feed at 10.30pm and then waking at around 3am. Inevitably it would end up with her coming into our bed.

Anyway, all was well until Sunday when the clocks went forward. Since then she is waking at 1am and will not go back to sleep no matter what we do.

I am at my wits end. DH and I are beyond exhausted, my 3 yr old DS is falling asleep at nursery and I can barely function each day.

I presume her body clock has gone haywire but I've got no idea how to fix it.

teacher123 Fri 05-Apr-13 08:29:07

Have you read the Ferber book? (Solve your child's sleep?) he's the controlled crying bloke, but his book has some things in it about breaking sleep habits. Off the top of my head he says that you should keep them up late to break the cycle of waking in the middle of the night and then gradually move bedtime forward again. Whether you agree with cc or not the book is worth a read, it's very interesting smile hope it improves soon

Branleuse Fri 05-Apr-13 08:30:11

its probably coincidental

sallycinnamum Fri 05-Apr-13 08:34:53

It might well be coincidental but its never been this bad.

We've had reasonable success with controlled crying but last night it seemed to me she was do tired she didn't know what to do with herself.

She's been quite a good sleeper from birth and apart from the usual sleep regressions so I don't know what's up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now