Talk

Advanced search

Morning nap?

(4 Posts)
CarlyRose80 Thu 04-Apr-13 08:00:57

If baby wakes up at 7am is 8.30 ok for first nap. I know you need to keep them up a while to allow them to know that night is over. This is for a 4 month old baby x

HandMini Thu 04-Apr-13 15:03:45

Yes, of course, totally fine. GF routine would say 2 hours of awake (so nap at 9am after a 7am wake up) but I found both of my girls wanted to nap earlier and I always just put them down when they started getting fretty. Excellent timing to dive in the shower, eat some toast and stick a wash on in my view!

blushingmare Thu 04-Apr-13 19:22:31

Yes definitely. It took me ages to realise that dd needed a nap so quickly in the morning! It felt like she'd only just woken up and I was putting her down again, but they do get tired so quickly at that age. I think lots of my early napping problem were because I didn't recognise this sooner and she got overtired and then couldn't sleep.

HandMini Fri 05-Apr-13 15:48:06

Blushing I did exactly the same first time round! You can't quite believe that they're tired again an hour after getting up when all they've done is feed, burp, have a nappy change, sat in bouncer for five minutes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now