Talk

Advanced search

Just found our song

(10 Posts)
Wyfee Thu 04-Apr-13 02:39:05

On second night of night weaning 10 month old DS. Up for two hour marathon last night singing awful medley of things with made-up words. Tonight I chanced upon 'Swing low, sweet chariot'. Minimal words to remember with tired brain, not too high and can be sung on loop like a chant. He's asleep now within hour of waking.What's your go-to song?

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 04-Apr-13 03:22:33

Brahms' lullaby sung with random DD related words. Until she got older and I bought her a book with it in. Elmo was asleep in the picture and it made her cry. No idea why. But we can't sing it any more. sad

Susieloo Thu 04-Apr-13 03:26:34

Hush little baby - but I only know the first couple of verses so then I just make it up with a lot of doobly doos.

Panzee Thu 04-Apr-13 04:02:42

Tim Minchin's Lullaby. It makes me laugh and he nearly always settles to it. Only six weeks old though so fortunately can't pick up the swear. grin

deXavia Thu 04-Apr-13 04:15:17

DS's is Hush little baby - with made up words. Even at 6 a few bars of this calms down pretty much any worry
DDs is Que Sera, Sera. She loves the last verse "when I had children of my own...." She calls it the "mummy song"

WankbadgersBreakfast Thu 04-Apr-13 04:27:07

Skye Boat Song here, sung on repeat. 23 months in it's still calming her down.

shoesontheglasslamp Thu 04-Apr-13 10:24:34

MrsTerry that happened to us!!

I used to sing Twinkle Twinkle as I put DS to bed. Then he started crying when he heard the song and/or when children (cars!! smile) in stories were going to bed.

We stopped all books with bedtime for a while, but he's now ok with Twinkle Twinkle.

Glad it isn't only us!

pod3030 Thu 04-Apr-13 10:28:18

cbeebies 'time has come to say goodnight' song. over and over again until unconcho. twitch. gibber.

sjupes Thu 04-Apr-13 10:36:05

Hush little baby is dds - long enough to not have jerky breaks but also short enough to repeat for half an hour without considering my own death grin

Ds loves john jacob jingleheimer schmidt and i'm elmo and i know it blush elmo settled him at around 3 months old and still does a year later smile

We still have it <siob> on both laptops as a favourite, the downloaded video from clip.dj and the mp3 on both laptops plus video and mp3 on our mobiles and it's still my ringtone.. on top of that it's the first thing youtube shows me when i go on blush ds was difficult to settle..

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 04-Apr-13 14:16:05

shoesontheglasslamp that's a relief. I thought it was so sad. Maybe I'll dig out the Elmo book and see if she feels differently!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now