Talk

Advanced search

Rotating Baby

(6 Posts)
georgyporgie Tue 02-Apr-13 09:29:54

A quick one- my 25 week of DS has developed a habit recently of not only migrating up his cot, but rotating 90 degrees so he's widthways. Much as this provides a bit of hilarity at 4am, it is something I'm keen to stop as he has actually started to get stuck (he's longer than the width now) and so puts his arms through the bars and gets even more stuck.

He goes in his grobag with blankets securely (ha!) tucked around him yet still manages a houdini escape from the blankets. The grobag he just takes with him.

DH suggested sewing some velcro tags on the bottom of grobag to go around the bottom bars of the cot, but I'm (definitely) not convinced.

sparklekitty Tue 02-Apr-13 09:33:24

I don't have this issue my DD point blank refuses to sleep in her cot but some of my friemnds have and have bought those airflow (think thats what they're called) bumpers. Think they're ones they cant get stuck under.

georgyporgie Tue 02-Apr-13 09:39:55

Oh no! Thought about that, but he'd still rotate around and the problem is that he gets stuck, so he'd (i assume) still get stuck widthways with cot bumpers! Unless they were so slippery they provided almost a rotation on axis type of thing for his head.. he could then happily spin himself to sleep grin

zoobaby Tue 02-Apr-13 23:11:19

Haha. Thanks for the chuckle Georgy. I have a solution, but I'm afraid it's more in keeping with your DH. Maybe a bit of butter on the bars? That way he'll just slide around when doing his 360.

zoobaby Tue 02-Apr-13 23:12:44

Oh man, what if he has a growth spurt in the middle of the night and gets permanently wedged? grin

CitizenOscar Tue 02-Apr-13 23:18:16

Don't know if it's advisable but my friend had similar issue and she tucked the end of her DD's grobag under the mattress iirc. Think it helped. She stopped doing it after a while anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now