Talk

Advanced search

Getting toddler used to a duvet

(9 Posts)
Pascha Tue 02-Apr-13 07:32:25

We changed DS1(2.6) cot into a bed at the weekend. Transition all smooth, he is quite happy to sleep all night as usual but he is quite thrown by the idea of a duvet as opposed to grobag, to the extent that he will sleep sideways over his pillow rather than get under the duvet and he's chilly.

What's a good strategy to get him to understand the duvet and how long can it take to get the hang of it?

TiredyCustards Tue 02-Apr-13 07:34:30

I'd let him get used to the bed first.

We left Dd's bedding the same until the weather got cold again, by that time she was used to sleeping in a bed.

forevergreek Tue 02-Apr-13 07:36:26

I would personally just let him have his sleeping bag on big bed for now until used to the bed if he isn't keen.

We have done duvet before bed here ( so cot bed duvet), and that was around the same age but no change in bed.

In a fee weeks/ months he may change mind ( our sleeping bag at that age was 2-4 years so plenty of space)

Pascha Tue 02-Apr-13 07:40:00

Ok so go back to the bag for a bit then? I don't want him tripping over it if he gets up though.

Pascha Tue 02-Apr-13 07:43:33

I didn't think of trying the duvet first, after all he manages my one perfectly well at 6am hmm

forevergreek Tue 02-Apr-13 08:55:17

Maybe try sleeping bag with the side undone then? So it's over him but he can get out if he needs to?

Pascha Tue 02-Apr-13 09:27:40

I will try that tonight, thanks.

Pascha Wed 03-Apr-13 20:58:55

Night 5 tonight. He wouldnt lie down for dh earlier so we left him awake and sitting with the cover just by his feet. I just went upstairs to tuck him in now he's asleep and he's pulled the duvet over him all by himself smile

TiredyCustards Wed 03-Apr-13 21:06:59

Yippee! Well done smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now