Talk

Advanced search

How long do you leave your baby to lie awake in cot?

(9 Posts)
amri Sat 30-Mar-13 08:57:33

Hey, 2 nights ago we moved our 6mo into her own room and it is going really well thankfully.

We have a video monitor and could watch her lying awake in the cot this morning - how long would you leave your lo to play? I felt really guilty watching her just lie there in the dark :/

We got her up 20 mins later and she was in great form but should we have left her? Bear in mind it was 50 mins after her normal get up time.

Thanks!

cupcake78 Sat 30-Mar-13 09:01:13

Yes, if she's happy get her used to it and enjoy it. Once she's in a bed you will be visited wink

Andcake Sat 30-Mar-13 10:19:47

I leave ds ((still in our room) until I'm ready (sometimes even manage to pop to loo make coffee) or he cries out. It's amazing how much they enjoy looking around wriggling. Ds usually only cries out when he has wiggled himself into a position he doesn't like!

FattyMcChubster Sat 30-Mar-13 10:37:43

If dd wakes and is happy, she won't make a noise so she is there until I wake up (this hardly ever happens!). I wouldn't worry, if they're not happy you'll soon know about it!

teacher123 Sat 30-Mar-13 11:07:55

DS wakes up about 6.10 every morning and chatters to himself before I go and get him-usually about 6.45 smile he dozes I think and seems perfectly happy. If he was howling I'd get him earlier!

CarlyRose80 Sat 30-Mar-13 11:16:53

Same here, if he wakes up chattering it normally means he's had enough sleep and is happy to wake up so I will leave her chattering away to himself until he tells me he's hungry. If he wakes up crying he's not ready to be awake so I send him back off to sleep.

TheDetective Sat 30-Mar-13 11:44:47

I leave until the first proper whinge.

Or I need to get him up. grin

He usually wakes in a good mood, and enjoys a little wriggle around. Which is fine by me!!

amri Sun 31-Mar-13 21:17:12

Thanks all!

We have blackout blinds, so my DD is effectively lying in the dark when she wakes up sad Do any of your babies do this?

teacher123 Sun 31-Mar-13 21:40:11

We have blackout blinds too! I don't see it as any different from me waking up and lying in bed for 20 minutes before I get up smile I always figure that if DS is unhappy, he'll cry and I'll certainly know about it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now