Talk

Advanced search

At what point do I get ds to go to bed at normal time?

(5 Posts)
orderinformation Fri 29-Mar-13 23:30:09

Ds is three months. Compared to dd he is great sleeper. Waking once in night and has slept from 9pm-5am a couple of times, something dd didn't manage until about 18 months. Usually he stays awake until about 9.30/10pm though. When do I try to introduce a 7pm ish bedtime and how?

Startail Fri 29-Mar-13 23:33:44

No idea my two are 12 &15, I've yet to get them to bed before 8pm grin

Bluelightsandsirens Fri 29-Mar-13 23:36:30

I would wait until you introduce a bath, story bed routine and start from 9pm and pull it back 30 minutes every few nights/weeks until you get to 7.

Count yourself lucky i currently have an 11yr old who has only just stop wandering about.

CarlyRose80 Sat 30-Mar-13 11:21:07

Start when your ready to, my LO is 4 months and been in bed by 8 most nights since he was about 2 months. Takes around 30/45 mins to do bed routine so start at 8, book, bath, pj's, (I normally do 10-15 mins chill time snuggled in my old dressing gown before pj's go on as he loves the snuggliness of it. Then feed and into bed. Then jut gradually bring the time forward by 10-15 mins every 3-5 days until he's in bed at the time you want him. I start around 7.10 now and he's in bed for 7.45 ish. Hope that helps xx

Andcake Sat 30-Mar-13 16:21:15

We did from 6 months. We followed SIDS guidelines to keep them in the same room as you whenever they sleep up until that point. However we did get him to sleep earlier in the lounge so at 6 months it was easier to adjust.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now