Talk

Advanced search

how do i do the " disturbing habit of an early waker technique" ?

(4 Posts)
workingonitagain Thu 28-Mar-13 13:09:35

Hi everyone so i need some hekp from those who have used this technique. Ds2 wakes on the dot at 5 25 every morning. Regardless of how tired he is or how late he went to bed. Last night i got up at 4 20 to try and disturb his sleep. I spent about 5 min trying to wake him up. At some point he was sitting on my lap with eyes half open so i thought that should do the trick and put him back. he didnt stir at all was just asleep straight away. No surprise he was up at 5 25. It serms that i didnt quite managed to disturb him so will try again tonight to be a bit more stern waking him up but at the same time i dont want him to think its the morning hmm

minipie Thu 28-Mar-13 19:51:39

you mean the wake to sleep technique? I think usually this is done closer to usual wake up time, so in your case, try disturbing him at 5am rather than 4.20. I could be wrong though!

CarlyRose80 Sat 30-Mar-13 06:19:03

There's a thread going on this already, full of loads of good info. Can't link it but its easy to find so take a look. Good luck.

CarlyRose80 Sat 30-Mar-13 06:20:23

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/sleep/563178-calling-all-fellow-parents-of-early-risers-i-hardly-dare

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now