Talk

Advanced search

Does moving baby to own room help them sleep

(7 Posts)
milkyman Wed 27-Mar-13 08:15:35

My baby is 22wks and wakes 3 to 4 times a night. He usually wants a bottle. I wonder if I react too soon or we wake him? Does moving him into his room help - he would only be next door to us. Once we remove the cot we may not be able to dismantle it again as it doesn't fit through the door.

CarlyRose80 Wed 27-Mar-13 10:17:02

My LO 16 weeks has slept better since he's been in his own room. He is next door and I still hear but I don't think you jump as quick when they are in there own room. He sleeps well and is comfy. Still wakes but I think he's less disturbed now as we don't wake him coming to bed/coughing etc

mysterynamechanger Wed 27-Mar-13 10:28:24

Yes. It worked for me. When he moved to his own room at about 3-4 months ds started sleeping through. Recently went to stay at my mum's where ds and I had to cosleep and he was waking up 6 times a night which was worse then when he was a newborn. shock. He definitely prefers sleeping on his own.

mysterynamechanger Wed 27-Mar-13 10:31:57

It does teach them how to settle themselves back to sleep if your not close enough to jump at their every squeak.

Mapal Wed 27-Mar-13 10:34:43

It helped with our DS definitely. We all disturbed each other in the same room, he's still a very light sleeper (now age 3). We moved him at about 5.5 months and it was the first time I saw a light at the end of the tunnel with regards to sleep! (He was a nightmare with a capital N to start with, now a dream though).

blushingmare Wed 27-Mar-13 18:54:39

Did help dd massively, but I think the fact that I had to get out of bed to tend to her have me more motivation to start trying to stretch our her night feeds a bit more and that did help her sleep, although still not through the night - yet smile

blushingmare Wed 27-Mar-13 18:55:40

Oh bugger that shouldn't have said didn't help DD massively!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now