Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What do you do when your dcs sleep?

(5 Posts)
lightsandshapes Tue 26-Mar-13 13:42:41

I usually either rush around like a blue a@@@ed fly, or sit there kind of in a daze watching tv, having a brew and surfing the web..... Forgetting all the ideas I had of stuff I wanted to get done.... I never manage to nap.

I'm just interested in what others do, and if there is a way I can be more 'productive' during nap times...... wink

motherofvikings Tue 26-Mar-13 14:19:37

i'm the same smile

i tend to rush about, 'doing jobs' and then make sure i have ay least 30 mins at the end of the nap to have a cuppa and some brainless tv

i often make a list of things that need doing so i can be more efficient during dd's nap smile

ceeveebee Tue 26-Mar-13 14:26:20

My 16 mo DTs are down to one nap a day now but usually around 2 hours so its a good one.
I tidy the carnage from lunch, maybe put some toys away and get new ones out, do some cooking (I only have 2 days a week with them as work 3 days so I often cook 2-3 meals for the freezer), clean up the kitchen, put washing on, hang washing out, fold laundry, have a cuppa and if they are still asleep after all that then I do some mumsnetting or online shopping.

When they were younger and napped more often I used to go back to bed, or have a long bath or wash/sterilise/make bottles up. Or they used to nap in buggy while I went about my business but all that is over now!

Thurlow Tue 26-Mar-13 14:35:38

I do nothing! I flake onto the bed and read for an hour or so.

But I know I'm lucky that at the moment, 14mo is happy to either play at my feet while I do housework or try and get involved, so I do actually try and get most things done so that I can have an hour or so 'me' time while she is napping.

After she's gone to bed at night it is more manic, that's when I cram in most of the housework.

teacher123 Tue 26-Mar-13 16:35:22

I do any general household admin/replying to emails etc. I try to put on a load of washing first thing every morning to keep on top of it, and will do the washing up as well whilst DS is asleep. After lunch when he has his nap I'll eat my lunch and then tidy up the kitchen. Sometimes I make cakes and then eat them :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now