Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Overtired since Christmas

(5 Posts)
sharond101 Sat 05-Jan-13 08:14:43

DS 7mo has gotten into a chronic state of overtiredness and I don't know how to help him. He had been in a routine of waking around 8am, napping for 1-2hrs at a time, usually 2 hours after waking from his previous sleep, three times per day and going to bed around 8.30pm (he was showing signs this was getting too late for him). Since Christmas he has fought all his naps and bedtime too. He screams when I encourage him to nap and often a bedtime too. His naps are often too short now too, sometimes only 15minutes and he has been waking in the night which he hasn't done for months. How do I help him get out of this horrible situation?

Pickles77 Sat 05-Jan-13 08:22:51

Hi ive just posted a similar thread about my 4mo who sounds very alike.
No advice but wanted to sympathise and say its training isn't it?
I'm tempted to put this in the paper 'free to good home baby, nocturnal, irritable and stroppy. Comes with supply of red bull and nurofen. Sorry no returns' wink

sharond101 Sat 05-Jan-13 11:35:34

It's easy to say it's training but when the baby decides it's not going to bed or for a nap because playing is much more fun then what do you do?

Pickles77 Sat 05-Jan-13 12:08:13

I have a meltdown normally grin

sharond101 Sat 05-Jan-13 12:32:27

Me too blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now