Talk

Advanced search

My 16wkold wont sleep

(3 Posts)
tiggy02 Tue 18-Dec-12 19:48:54

Im hoping someone has some advice. My DS was born at 42 wks 9lb 5oz. We both had a really tricky time following birth and never really got into sleeping. if he naps in the day it is for a maximum of 45 minutes, but mostly about 15 minutes. At night he did start going through till 2.30am or 3am from going to bed at 7om, but then he would be up hourly. (We do have a bedtime routine of bath at 6.30pm, bed at 7pm). Up until 10wks he was waking hourly or 2 hourly. When he started going till 2.30am sometimes i would give in at about 4am and get him into bed with us. This has increased due to the fact that i need more sleep, but now he is waking hourly again just looking for booby (he is breast fed). He doesn't eat a lot, he just sucks a bit and then goes back to sleep. Because he keeps waking me i have put him back in his cot (trying for the whole night) and he is waking hourly , wanting a suck and going back to sleep. Anyone got any ideas on how to stop this - i think its habit rather than hunger. I am presently very tired and have fallen out with my mother due to her wanting him o go on hard feed to stop him waking.

HearMyRoar Wed 19-Dec-12 18:59:54

16 weeks is a big development stage for babies, try googling 4 month sleep regression, so it's very common at this age for them to suddenly start waking all bloody night. Especially just at the point when you had thought things were starting to get a bit better!

Also I found dd got much more efficient at feeding at this age so though it might seem like a really short time for a feed he may still be getting quite a bit of milk.

I know it's rubbish as my dd has never been a great sleeper but started waking every 45 mins at this age and it nearly killed me, but things do start to get better in a bit.

Smallgreenone Fri 21-Dec-12 01:16:30

Mine is 16 weeks and awake every hour. I am exhausted to say the least.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now