Talk

Advanced search

No sleep - baby and toddler sleep issues - help

(5 Posts)
taten Fri 14-Dec-12 21:28:37

My dh and I are struggling with lack of sleep, we have an 8month old ds and a dd who is 2.5 yrs, both have sleep problems and we just don't know what to do.
Our dd, takes forever to get to sleep, then in the middle of the night will wander into our room and spend the rest of the night with us. She also suffers from night terrors and nightmares.
Our ds co-slept with me until he was 6 months old then we moved him into a cot in our room. He will often go to sleep while my dh gives him his bedtime bottle but wakes up quite often in the night and wants feeding (I'm still breast feeding)....
We really need sleep so any help would be greatly appreciated..

priscilla101 Sat 15-Dec-12 05:21:57

No advice, but didn't want to read and run. Our ds1 was a lot like this. He is 7 now and still likes to be with us a fair bit at bedtime, but equally now we can just say....up to bed...and he will brush his teeth, get changed into pjs and snuggle in his own bed with a book. We tried kids relaxation/meditation CDs and audio book CDs, which did help but doesn't solve the middle of thenight trip to your bed.

However, remember, this too shall pass..... Hope you get some sleep soon!

stuffthenonsense Sat 15-Dec-12 06:19:25

It doesn't last forever, stay strong. Dd4 and DS1 are the same ages as your children. I too am breastfeeding. We manage the situation by DH being solely responsible for the toddler at night (who is just coming out of a rotten sleep patch caused by illness) and I deal solely with the baby. Should there be illness we both muck in. It means were not both up multiple times together and each of us has a change of a half decent stretch of sleep. We introduced the groclock to my daughter this week and it has been amazing. She has really grasped the idea.
It will just click with them and whilst it is hard right now it will improve.

Juustanothermnetter Sat 15-Dec-12 22:46:13

Oh taten, this is similar to me! Ds 8mo, dd 2.5 yo. Dd up every 90 mins from 9.30 pm (bedtime is 7), ds up once maybe twice. I'm so sad from lack of sleep.. I don't know what to do about dd she also has night terrors and nightmare but won't settle even in with me - just screams sad

This is no help to you - but you are not alone sad I came to this board to help with her sleep and found your post so I'm hoping someone comes along with help.

Dh isn't much help as dd only wants me when she wakes - although he does try I always have to get up to them both sad

Juustanothermnetter Sat 15-Dec-12 22:47:26

Overuse of sad face above, must be lack of sleep.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: