Talk

Advanced search

7 week DS and his sleep....advice please

(1 Post)
SamsMommyXXX Mon 03-Dec-12 18:51:37

Hi,

I know every baby is different but I would like a rough guide on what to expect in regards to my 7 week old DS and his sleeping.

He is bottle fed and feeds every 4 hours in the day, his last feed is at 9pm and he doesn't want another one till 5am which I know is great! It is the day I am more concerned about, he still seems to sleep alot but I am not sure if I am expecting too much. He sleeps for about 3 hours after his 9am feed and then another 2 or 3 hours after his 1pm and then these sleeps get gradually less in between the next 2 feeds. He is sometimes unsettled after his 9pm feed but does tend to drop off eventually unless its a bad night.

Sorry this is a bit babbly, I just wondered if I should be stimulating him more and keeping him more awake or just let him sleep. Any advice or experiences would be really appreciated. My DH works away all week every week so I don't have anyone to talk things through with and can sometimes get myself a bit tied in knots (first time mom)!

Thank you!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now